It might surprise you just how helpful your car mechanic can be in terms of keeping your vehicle out of their garage. You will know that you have found a reliable one when they are willing to give you tips that, in essence, cost them money when you don’t need repairs as often. Here are a few tips that a car mechanic might share with you in general terms, but feel free to ask them about suggestions specific to your vehicle.
- Use Synthetic Oil. When your car mechanic suggests that you use synthetic oil, they aren’t doing it just because it costs more. The reality is that you’ll get more miles between oil changes and there is less likelihood of engine problems down the road when used regularly.
- Diagnostics Matter. It can be scary to have a warning light come on, but a car mechanic with diagnostic tools and experience can provide an accurate diagnosis and resolve the problem right the first time. The main thing, and an important tip, is to not ignore any warning light.
- Read Your Owners’ Manual. It will tell you when to have various maintenance tasks completed so that you don’t overlook something and you won’t fall for a gimmick to sell you a service you don’t need.
- Price Matters. Don’t fall victim to the cheap repair or maintenance sales gimmick that sounds too good to be true. They often do not use OE or equivalent parts which at best won’t last and at worst will cause an accident or void your warranty.
- ASE Certification. A car mechanics who have ASE certification have a higher level of training and expertise, as well as integrity when dealing with car owners.
At Two Fingers Automotive, we will never sell you something that you don’t need, and we are happy to provide you with tips about your vehicle so that you get as many years of trouble-free performance as possible. Some of our technicians are ASE certified, and we have over 25 years of experience. When you forge a relationship with your car mechanic, you can have peace of mind that they have a vested interest in keeping you as a customer. We care about you and it shows!